Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore of Oahu where he grew up like any local kid; surfing the Pipeline. By 14 he was competing in the Masters tournament as one of the top surfers in the world. It was his near fatal wipe out on one of these monster waves that immortalized him and his battered face became an indelible image in the surfing world. While recovering, he pursued his interest in filmmaking and soon became a surf film director, photographer, producer and score composer. "The September Sessions" won The Surfer Magazine Poll award for film of the year.
JP Plunier produced Brushfire Fairytales. He produced Ben Harper's early albums. Harper played on Brushfire Fairytales as well as Tommy Jordan from Geggy Tah and Merlo from Spain. Adam Topol played drums. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in the summer of 2000 at Grandmaster Recorders and mixed at King Sound.
You can see what Jack is up to now here.
Jack in the News
- Jack Johnson announces fall 2013 North American tour dates - Examiner.com
- Source: Jack Johnson Music - Santa Barbara Independent
- New Denver shows: MGMT, Luke Bryan and Jack Johnson. Tickets on sale this ... -...
- Bonnaroo: Paul McCartney rules - The Guardian
- JOHNSON TO DONATE 100% OF TOUR PROFITS TO CHARITY - Beach Carolina Magazine
- KROQ Presents Jack Johnson At The Orpheum Theatre - KROQ
- VIDEO: Jack Johnson Performs at 2013 Bonnaroo Festival - Broadway World
- Jack Johnson Saves the Day at Bonnaroo 2013 - RollingStone.com
- Bonnaroo Backbeat: Jack Johnson Talks Filling In For Mumford, Passion Pit's ... - Billboard